Sunday, 25 September 2011

Wedding Report - Part 1

So as fetti tradition dictates, I have written a looooong wedding report. I wrote most of the notes as we were on our honeymoon safari - which was immediately after the wedding. It was so nice remembering all the little moments, especially when we got back as our tog pics arrived whilst we were away :) 
So grab a cuppa tea, glass of wine or whatever is your tipple, put your feet up and settle down for the long read... ready? OK, so I'll begin.

Friday 26th August 2011: T-7
My last day at work before the wedding. I decided to take the week before the wedding off work so I could do the last minute preparations. My lovely work colleagues gave me a card and Amazon vouchers. I was really touched, as I'm a contractor so don't expect things like that. I realised that we hadn't had our final meeting with the Celebrant before the wedding - should have been done a month beforehand. Luckily, I got an appointment for tomorrow morning. MIL2B lent us her car, which turned out to be REALLY helpful. 
Earlier this week, my dress was sent to the dry cleaners for final alterations and cleaning, with my veil. Some how between the bridal shop and the dry cleaners, the veil is misplaced. I don't know how they managed to lose my veil since the shops are on opposite sides of the road! I called the dry cleaners but they still don't have my veil!

Saturday 27th August 2011: T-6
Up early to go to the Register Office. Went through our vow choices and readings with the celebrant. I was disappointed to learn that she wouldn't allow the Toastmaster to announce us prior to the ceremony :(
Call dress shop but manager isn't in and they don't know where my veil is. Getting rather worried. Despite this, I go to my parents and start getting the decorations together. Mum and I went to Hobbycraft in Romford to find envelopes for the escort cards and other bits and bobs. I found a tiny violet pail and some ivy for the wishing well. Mum was impressed with the Liberty centre. Found my evening wedding shoes and a few clothes for the honeymoon. Had to buy H2B some smart casual summer trousers as the restos at the hotel insist on trousers for the men and H2B only has winter trews. Saw some nice shoes in the sale to go with the trousers, but wasn't sure if H2B would like them, so didn't get them.
Had a nice evening out at our local - Red Mantra -  dancing to a live band. We had a brilliant time and a bloke congratulated me on my dancing style, which surprised me and annoyed H2B, as he thinks he's a better dancer ;)

Sunday 28th August 2011: T-5
Feeling a bit tired from having such a late night. Go back to Romford to buy shoes for H2B. He's very happy with them. PIL2B are back from their holiday in France, and since we missed FIL2B's birthday, we meet up with them at the Rose, then went to the Wood Oven for a yummy meal.

Monday 29th August 2011: T-4
Bank holiday doing very little, as had a bit too much wine last night and feeling a bit heavy headed today. BMan pops over with the bubble guns. They are brilliant :)

Tuesday 30th August 2011: T-3
First opportunity to go to dry cleaners. They have my veil! One less thing to worry about! MIL2B's birthday today, so we pop over to see her and go out for a lovely meal at Bel-Sit.
Jacek, our neighbour pops over with his gift to us - teeth whitening kits, which he'd fitted us for earlier last week. H2B uses his, but I decide to wait til tomorrow, as I have a dental hygienist appointment.
H2B getting his teeth mould done
Wednesday 31st August 2011: T-2
Early appointment with hygienist, which is a little painful as I'd had my appointment later than usual in the year. I drive over to my parents' house where BM L and baby Alex are waiting for me. BM L gets us organised and we start to put the favour boxes together, using washi tape, buttons and a bit of creativeness. MoB arrives from work and also helps out. We get the escort card envelopes labelled before BM L has to leave to pick up Thomas from nursery.
Aunties pop over to visit my uncle James who's arrived from Canada for the wedding. I spot that the labels on the envelopes have the menu selections and are wonky, so I reprint them and Aunties & mum help me re-do them and add washi tape. A slight bridezilla moment when I see that Aunties are leaving raggedly edges and incorrect angles. Feeling rather tired from all the running around. 

Thursday 1st September 2011: T-1
Meet up with MoB to get our nails done. We're both wearing the wrong shoes, but luckily H2B is at home around the corner, so he pops over with flip flops so we don't smudge our nails.
Sparkly tootsies
BM E drops off the cake at the venue and the shortbread at my parents'. Mum wraps the shortbread individually and puts them in the boxes. We end up driving back and forth completing decorations and dropping off things to the venue.
H2B and I work through the final details with Matt, our event co-ordinator, whilst having a couple of drinks, til the early hours. I end up staying up later, munching on junk food and drinking beer :$

Friday 2nd September 2011: T
Shattered and tummy feels dodgy, partly from nerves and partly from last night's indulgences! Panic a little as I can't find my purse for the wedding. H2B finds it in my underwear drawer where I'd kept all my wedding stuff. Doh!
H2B heads over to his mum's to get ready with the groomsmen. MoH is late, making me fit to burst into tears. Can't have a ciggie as I have no lighter. The day looks amazingly good. Worried it'll be too warm.
We arrive at the hotel but the receptionist can't find my booking. So anxious that I can't eat. Me! Not eating! Finally get into room round midday. Mum makes me eat a roast beef roll. I start to get ready but I don't have a dressing gown. Mum zooms home to find one. MUA arrives so still haven't had my ciggie. Baby Alex gets lots of attention and tog arrives to start clicking away. 
getting dolled up

 In the meantime, the groomsmen are getting ready at MIL2B's and have a drink at the Horse.
Motherly love

Handsome groomsmen and Georgie x
Registrars come in to interview me, which is pretty quick but I'm still not dressed, as MUA is taking far too long (am a bit annoyed as she said 2 hours would be enough time). I start to get flashing lights in front of my eyes and I feel wobbly. BM E calms me down and then all the BMs help me into my dress and jewellery. 

I love this pic of my parents
Just as we leave the room, I hear my walking down the aisle music - Marry You by Bruno Mars on the radio. Finally ready at 3:35... the room is sweltering! The band strikes up an acoustic version of my song, which sounds amazing. As my dad walks me down the aisle I struggle to maintain my composure. Mostly I just see my gorgeous H2B looking extremely handsome in his kilt. I make it to the table with a massive smile on my face....
Ringbearer with the ring pillow I made

H2B looking most dapper

Smiling before my nerves hit again!

My beautiful, gorgeous girls

So happy but still so nervous!

Made it!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post :) The pictures look so beautiful, especially the one of you and your dad walking down the isle in black and white xxxx

    Love a fellow fetti