Friday, 30 March 2012

Mother's Day and Stitch & Craft

This Mother's day, I took my Mum to the Stitch and Craft show at Olympia. There was an exhibition of quilts donated for each of the participating countries in the Olympics and Paralympics. There were also a pennant for each sportsperson. The work was amazing! Here are some examples:
say cheese!

close up of the above

zooming out a bit

zoom zoom zoom

ahhhh, pretty

had to have a purple one!

maths can be so pretty

London Roads by Jacqui Bradburn for Greece, Olympics - sadly a bit blurry

A green and pleasant land by Patricia Webb for Belarus, Paralympics - My favourite
We had a great time, walking around looking at all the amazing work and buying lots of nice things. We both *really* liked the textile art by Gilda Baron. We couldn't take any pics, but here is an example of her work.

Country Garden courtesy of Gilda Baron

Sadly the pic does not do her art justice. We like her so much, that I'm thinking of doing her course.

I wanted to take some pics of all the yarn and notions I bought, but DH took it all to our storage unit :( However, from what I can remember:
I thought I was being good packing the yarn away, but now I want to start a new project. But is probably a good thing as it means I'm more likely to finish the projects I have started already. 

Finally I should mention the knitted village - very cute. More pics:








Second Prize, I think it should have been 1st prize

First Prize

No comments:

Post a Comment